Next: Thomson-CSF and University
of Up: Examples of 3D Packaging
Previous: Lockheed - Kill
Irvine Sensors is currently undertaking integration and testing of a 3D smart sensor that incorporates a commercially available 160 120 detector (Infra Red indium antimonide detectors) as shown in Figure . An illustrative schematic of the 3D smart sensor is shown in Figure .
Figure: Irvine's 3D smart sensor.
Figure: An illustrative drawing of Irvine 3D smart sensor.
The system specifications are
- Each custom IC contains 80 channels of analog-to-digital conversion
- Gain correction
- Offset correction
- Every channel supports 60 pixels of the detector array
- A low power consumption of 125 mW when operating at a 60 Hz frame rate at a cryogenic temperature of 80 K
- Provides a digital output level between 0 and 1 Volts to reduce power consumption
- High noise immunity
- Scalable to more than 1024 1024 on a single hybrid assembly.
The applications of the designed system include:
- Video imaging
- Infrared imaging systems
- Surveillance systems.
Next: Thomson-CSF and University of
Up: Examples of 3D Packaging
Previous: Lockheed - Kill Vehicle
Centre for High Performance Integrated Technologies and Systems (CHIPTEC),
Adelaide, SA 5005,